Our faculty members are regionally and nationally known artists in their own right who share their experience freely in the studio and beyond. Our professors know their students by name and are invested in their success. Our facilities provide well-resourced studios, classrooms, labs, workshops, and exhibition spaces. And our technology is directly aligned with the systems and software used in the professional world. With 1,419 students and 176 faculty (as of fall 2010), we offer a culture that's intimate, supportive, and collaborative. Learn more about Life @ KCAD.
Ferris State University prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.
As a college within Ferris State University, Kendall College of Art and Design prepares students for leadership in the visual arts, design, art history, and art education; provides innovative, collaborative education that fosters intellectual growth and individual creativity; and promotes the ethical and civic responsibilities of artists and designers, locally and globally.
The Kendall Vision
Kendall College of Art and Design will be:
- A nationally prominent institution recognized for leadership, innovation, and excellence in visual art and design
- The preferred choice for art and design students, both nationally and internationally
- A student-centered learning environment with managed growth of facilities, students, faculty, administration, and staff
- Strongly connected to, and partnered with, its alumni, its community, and with business and industry
- An institution that plays a key role in each studentʼs journey toward an enriching professional life
- A recognized leader in the teaching and implementation of environmentally and socially responsible practices
- An asset to the greater Ferris State University community
- An institution that values, and is committed to, diversity
- An institution recognized for encouragement of, and opportunity for, collaboration across disciplines and throughout the college
Kendall Core ValuesKendall College of Art and Design values and demonstrates:
a. An intimate environment
b. Intellectual growth
c. Individual creativity and diversity
d. Collaborative experiences
e. Professional preparedness
Institutional enrichment through:
a. Professional development
b. Creative and scholarly activity
c. Industry involvement
e. Self-directed governance
f. Alumni relationships
Civic responsibility by encouraging and supporting:
b. Community involvement
d. Ethical responsibility and aesthetic integrity
e. The role of arts and design in the community
Kendall has a long-standing history as a reputable art and design school.
Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University's Strategic Plan, 2011- 2016.
Kendall is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) and, as part of Ferris State University, is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Interior Design program is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation.