You can present your portfolio any time before or during the application process, but your application isn't complete until you've done so. All students are required to submit a portfolio. The exceptions are students entering Furniture Design, Art History with an academic focus, Collaborative Design, and Interior Design (please note that while Interior Design students do not submit a portfolio, they must submit an Observation Exercise).
Private portfolio reviews
To schedule a portfolio review, call 616.451.2787 or 800.676.2787. Our admissions team will sit down to talk with you about the work you've done and what you'd like to do in the future.
We always prefer face-to-face portfolio reviews, but we understand that it is not always possible. If you can't present your portfolio in person, contact our Admissions office at 616.451.2787 or 800.676.2787. You may also submit an electronic portfolio here.
Tips and tricks. Here's what you should know.
Other review opportunities
We review portfolios during visits to area high schools (ask your art teacher), as well as at National Portfolio Days at colleges throughout the U.S. and Canada. Learn more about National Portfolio Day and find one near you.
Kendall will have representatives at the following National Portfolio Day events during the 2013/2014 academic year:
- October 12, 2013 Memphis, Tennessee hosted by Memphis College of Art
- October 12, 2013 Richmond, Virginia hosted by Virginia Commonwealth University
- October 13, 2013 Minneapolis, Minnesota hosted by Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- October 13, 2013 Nashville, Tennessee hosted by Watkins College of Art, Design & Film
- October 19, 2013 Milwaukee, Wisconsin hosted by Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
- October 20, 2013 Chicago, Illinois hosted by School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- October 26, 2013 Kansas City, Missouri hosted by Kansas City Art Institute
- October 27, 2013 Detroit, Michigan hosted by College for Creative Studies
- October 27, 2013 St. Louis, Missouri hosted by Washington University
- November 2, 2013 Des Moines, Iowa hosted by Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
- November 9, 2013 Toronto, Ontario hosted by OCAD, Ontario College of Art and Design
- November 10, 2013 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania hosted by Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- November 10, 2013 Rochester, New York hosted by Rochester Institute of Technology
- November 23, 2013 Washington, DC hosted by Corcoran College of Art and Design
- November 24, 2013 Baltimore, Maryland hosted by Maryland Institute, College of Art
- November 24, 2013 Charlotte, North Carolina hosted by Memphis College of Art
- January 19, 2014 Los Angeles, California hosted by Otis College of Art and Design
- January 25, 2014 Miami, Florida hosted by New World School of the Arts
- January 26, 2014 Sarasota, Florida hosted by Ringling College of Art and Design