High school students can earn KCAD college credit through our Dual Enrollment program. Students can enroll in classes on KCAD's campus in Grand Rapids, Michigan or at one of our satellite dual enrollment locations.
It's a great way for highly motivated high school students who are strong in art and design to get a jump on college. You may even be eligible to receive tuition support through the State of Michigan - State School Aid Act. Speak to your school counselor for eligibility requirements and more information.
Financial Authorization Form Fall 2015
For students that have been accepted and registered for the Fall 2015 semester of Dual Enrollment and have been prompted to download and complete this form. You can find it here: KCAD_Dual_Enrollment_Financial_Authorization_Form_Fall_2015.
Application Materials for Fall 2015
The application period for consideration into the Dual Enrollment program for the Fall 2015 semester has opened. Students interested in participating must submit an application for each semester they wish to participate. Students will not be admitted or registered for dual enrollment courses after the KCAD semester begins.
For any questions, please contact the Shana Hansma by email or phone (800) 676-2787
For NEW Applicants to the Dual Enrollment Program:
- Review the KCAD Dual Enrollment Student Guide in the Quick Links box to the left.
- Complete the online application here.
- For instructions, review this document: DE_Online_Application_Instructions.pdf. Make note to select the correct semester you are applying for.
- For NEW Dual Enrollment Applicants: If you are/were not enrolled in the Dual Enrollment program for either the Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 semester, you will need to complete this form with your online application:Approval Form New Student The Authorization to Disclose Information section is important. Please review the KCAD Dual Enrollment Student Guide for information on how this impacts billing.
- First time applicants to the KCAD Dual Enrollment program must have a portfolio review with a KCAD Admissions Officer or KCAD Dual Enrollment Instructor and must submit an official high school transcript to KCAD.
For CONTINUING Applicants to the Dual Enrollment Program:
Our Dual Enrollment Partners
Not all partner schools host a dual enrollment program or are currently active. Please complete the inquiry form for information about dual enrollment in your area.
- Byron Center
- Career Line
- East Grand Rapids
- East Kentwood
- East Lansing
- Forest Hills
- GR Catholic Central
- Grand Blanc
- Grand Ledge
- Imlay City
- Kalamazoo Central
- Kenowa Hills
- Lakeview HS
- Paw Paw
- Portage Northern
- Rochester Hills Stoney Creek
- West Ottawa