High school students can earn KCAD college credit through our Dual Enrollment program. Students can enroll in classes on KCAD's campus in Grand Rapids, Michigan or at one of our satellite dual enrollment locations.
It's a great way for highly motivated juniors and seniors who are strong in art and design to get a jump on college. You may even be eligible to receive tuition support through the State of Michigan - State School Aid Act. Speak to your school counselor for eligibility requirements and more information.
The application period for consideration into the Dual Enrollment program for the Spring 2015 semester has opened. Students interested in participating must submit an application for each semester they wish to participate.
- Complete the online application here.
- For instructions, review this document: Get a head start on college.DE_Online_Application_Instructions.pdf
- If you are currently enrolled in the Dual Enrollment program for the Fall 2014 semester, you will need to complete this form with your online application: SPRING_2015_KCAD_Dual_Enrollment_Form_CONTINUING_STUDENTS.pdf
- If you are not currently enrolled in the Dual Enrollment program for the Fall 2014 semester, you will need to complete this form with your online application: SPRING_2015_KCAD_Dual_Enrollment_Form_NEW_STUDENTS.pdf
For any questions, please contact the Shana Hansma by email or phone (800) 676-2787
For students that have been accepted and enrolled into the Dual Enrollment Program for Fall 2014.
If you attend a public high school and meet the eligibility requirements outlined by the State of Michigan, have your school counselor or principal complete the Dual Enrollment Financial Authorization Form Fall 2014 to indicate the amount of your tuition that your district will cover. The balance of what is owed will be billed to you. Please note that not all students attending public high schools are eligible. Please speak to your high school for more information.
Students attending non-public high schools may be eligible to receive assistance through the State of Michigan, Department of Education. When completing the Dual Enrollment Approval Form, make sure to list whether your school is on a semester or trimester schedule and the number of classes you will be taking at your high school while enrolled in dual enrollment.
Our Dual Enrollment Partners
Not all partner schools host a dual enrollment program or are currently active. Please complete the inquiry form for information about dual enrollment in your area.
- Byron Center
- Career Line
- East Grand Rapids
- East Kentwood
- East Lansing
- Forest Hills
- GR Catholic Central
- Grand Blanc
- Grand Ledge
- Imlay City
- Kalamazoo Central
- Kenowa Hills
- Lakeview HS
- Paw Paw
- Portage Northern
- Rochester Hills Stoney Creek
- West Ottawa