- Apply for Admission to Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University. You must be accepted before the University can make a financial aid offer to you.
- Complete the FAFSA form (you may do simultaneously with the above requirement). The school code to use on your FAFSA form is 002260 (for Ferris State University). You should file as soon after January 1 as possible, as many funds are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once the FAFSA form is processed and the Federal government has sent the results to Ferris State University, a financial aid package listing types of aid and amounts will be sent to the student's Ferris email account. Students must accept the awards on-line through their Ferris MyFSU account. Typically aid packages are awarded in early April.
- If selected, the verification process must be completed by the established deadline date. It is essential that all requested documentation (verification forms, tax transcripts, etc) be submitted as quickly as possible. Failure to provide the requested documentation in a timely manner could result in a loss of some forms of aid.
- If you are a first-time student loan borrower, you will need to complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and the Direct Loan Master Promissory note at the website studentloans.gov.
- In July, tuition rates are announced for the upcoming academic year. Tuition bills are emailed to the student's Ferris email address around the third week of July for fall semester, around the third week of November for spring semester, and around the third week of April for the summer semester.
The primary method of communication from the Financial Aid Office will be via Ferris student email. Students are encouraged to make a habit of checking their Ferris email accounts on a regular basis to avoid missing important information and deadlines. Because of FERPA privacy restrictions, we seldom initiate contact with parents of dependent students.