MEDICAL ILLUSTRATION CONSORTIUM PROCESSES WITH GRAND RAPIDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE OR MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
**The only classes that may be included in the consortium for financial aid purposes are those that are required and listed on your program plan.
- For GRCC: Complete the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application.
- For MSU: All students enrolled in the Medical Illustration program at KCAD will need to apply for admittance to MSU as a Lifelong Education student, either at the undergraduate or graduate level.
This can be found at the KCAD Student Services Office. Once completed, please submit to the KCAD Student Services Office and the KCAD Registrar’s Office will mail the form to GRCC. This process may take up to 5 business days to complete.
- Go to the MSU Lifelong Application.
- Click “New Application” and fill out all the required fields, then click the “I Agree…Create My Application” button at the bottom of the page.
- Additional information can be found at the MSU website.
GRCC Courses: BI‐151 (Introduction to Cells, Molecules, and Genes) has a prerequisite of high school Biology and Chemistry, or C‐ or better in BI‐101 and CHM‐100. If it is required that you take BI‐101 and/or CHM‐100, these two classes will be considered part of the consortium process and are eligible for financial aid.
MSU Courses: You must complete BI-151 at GRCC prior to enrolling in any of the MSU courses. At this time, ANTR 211 is offered in Grand Rapids during the spring only. ANTR 350 and ANTR 355 are offered in Grand Rapids during the summer only. ANTR 350 is also offered in East Lansing in the fall and spring semesters. ANTR 485 is offered in Grand Rapids during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
You will be billed for GRCC or MSU classes according to that institution's billing processes and residency requirement tuition rates.
Payment for the off‐campus classes is your sole responsibility and must be paid according to that institution’s tuition payment options. KCAD does not directly pay any charges to GRCC or MSU. KCAD’s refund date will be after your tuition payment is due at GRCC or MSU, so please plan your finances accordingly. Your class schedule may be cancelled for non‐payment.
- Resident Status – A student who has been a resident of the Kent Intermediate School District for at least six consecutive months.
- Non‐Resident Status – A student who has been a resident of the state of Michigan for at least six consecutive months but does not meet the definition of Resident Status.
- Out‐of‐State Status – A student who does not meet the definition of Resident or Non‐Resident Status.
For more information, please visit http://www.grcc.edu/cashier/residency information
- In‐State Resident Status – Student’s permanent residence must be in the state of Michigan for one year prior to the first date of the semester. If you are considered a dependent student, your permanent residence is considered your parent’s address.
- Out‐of‐State Resident and International Status – anyone else who doesn’t meet the In‐ State Resident Status.
For more information, please visit http://www.ctlr.msu.edu/costudentaccounts/Tuition_Fees_MainMenu.aspx
The eligible classes that you take at GRCC or MSU may be counted towards your enrollment at KCAD for financial aid purposes. You must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credits to be considered a full‐time student and a minimum of 6 credits to be considered a half‐time student. Normally, financial aid is only available to students who are enrolled at least half‐time, although there may be private alternative loans available to students who are enrolled for 3 credits.
If taking the classes during the summer, please be aware that summer financial aid is very limited. Typically, only unused portions of Pell Grant or Federal Student Loans for that academic year will be available to use. If you already have been awarded a KCAD or FSU scholarship, they may only be used if you are enrolled full‐time and do a written or emailed request to the KCAD financial aid office. email@example.com
Please note that if you were awarded the FSU Founder’s Scholarship, the amount will only be based on your KCAD tuition credits and you must be enrolled full‐time.
No financial aid refunds will be available to students until GRCC or MSU enrollment is verified and their 100% refund date is over. Typically the consortium student financial aid refund date will be approximately 2 weeks after the published KCAD refund date.
You may not charge your off‐campus books/supplies to your Ferris tuition bill.
You are responsible for requesting “official” transcripts be mailed back to KCAD for transfer credit. Each semester, please request the transcript after courses have been completed.
For a printable version of this page, please see the PDF in the Quick Links section to the left.