Kendall's Art Day Scholarship Competition will be held on Saturday, March 23, 2013. Art Day Competition allows high school seniors to compete for up to $20,000 in scholarships to attend Kendall, divided equally over four years. This competition is open to students in all media including but not limited to drawing, pastel, watercolor, painting, ceramics, textiles and weaving, graphic design, industrial design, furniture design, photography, and conceptual art. Kendall faculty will jury the work based on originality, concept, composition, overall craftsmanship, and understanding of the medium.
How to Apply:
- Return Art Day Registration entry form (see link to left) to Kendall by Friday, March 15, 2013.
- Select (3) three of your best, original works.
- Put a label from the entry form on the back of each work. Please do not submit work that is covered in glass or any other reflective surface or is wet.
- Bring your work to Kendall's Historic Federal Building, located at 17 Pearl St NW, prior to 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 23, 2013. Drop off-time is 8:30-10:00 a.m. Entries will not be received after 10:00 a.m. NO EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE.
- Optional: You may be interested in bringing a short 100 word or less Artist Statement, if you would like to give explanation to your artwork.
- Student work is juried from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. While work is being juried, take advantage of the All College Open House taking place from 10:00am until 2:00pm. For more information, follow this link.
- Return at 2:30 p.m. for the awards presentation. You must be present to win!
These scholarships are available only to incoming freshman. Awards are disbursed based on full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours per semester) and students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 for renewal consideration and funding availability.
Scholarships to be awarded:
- One - $20,000
- Two - $16,000
- Three - $14,000
- Four - $12,000
- Five - $10,000
Please note: We do not conduct portfolio reviews on the day of this competition.