KCAD's Art Day Scholarship Competition will be held on Saturday, March 18, 2017. Art Day Competition allows high school seniors intending to attend KCAD in the Fall 2016 semester to compete for up to $20,000 in scholarships to attend KCAD, divided equally over four years. This competition is open to students in all media including but not limited to drawing, pastel, watercolor, painting, ceramics, textiles and weaving, graphic design, industrial design, furniture design, photography, and conceptual art. KCAD faculty will jury the work based on originality, concept, composition, overall craftsmanship, and understanding of the medium.
How to Apply:
- Please complete the online registration form found on the event page.
- Select (3) three of your best, original works.
- Put a label on the back of each work, including your name, phone number, year the piece was completed, medium used, and the title of the piece. Please do not submit work that is covered in glass or any other reflective surface or is wet.
- Complete the Reproduction and Damage Waiver and bring it with you the day of the event. It will be collected at check in.
- Bring your work to KCAD's Woodbridge N Ferris building, located at 17 Pearl St NW, between 8:30am and 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 18, 2017. Entries will not be received after 10:00 a.m. NO EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE.
- Optional: You may be interested in bringing a short 100 word or less Artist Statement, if you would like to give explanation to your artwork.
- Student work is juried from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. While work is being juried, take advantage of the All College Open House taking place during that time.
- Meet at the Fountain Street Church, (24 Fountain St NW) at 2:30 p.m. for the awards presentation. You must be present to win!
These scholarships are available only to incoming freshman. Awards are disbursed based on full-time enrollment at KCAD (12 or more credit hours per semester) and students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 for renewal consideration and funding availability.
Scholarships to be awarded:
- One - $20,000
- Two - $16,000
- Three - $14,000
- Four - $12,000
- Five - $10,000
Please note: We do not conduct portfolio reviews on the day of this competition.