How do I apply?
Applying to KCAD as an international student is easy. Follow these steps.
- Click here to apply online or complete an International Student Application Form.
- A $30.00 (non-refundable) application processing fee, made payable to Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University. Checks drawn on foreign banks must carry the notation: “Payable in United States funds plus service charges.” This application fee is required to issue the I-20 and acceptance letter.
- A letter or statement from a bank on official letterhead documenting your source of support for at least one year of study, and a personal sponsor letter stating your sponsor's responsibility for supporting you.
- Your official high school and/or university transcripts (a list of the courses you have taken and the grades you received) in English - send only university transcripts if you are a university transfer student.
- Statement of purpose.
- Current official TOEFL score.
- Completed portfolio review or observation exercise.
Upon your successful application, we will send you a letter of acceptance and I-20 or DS-2019. Take your I-20 or DS-2019, along with the financial statement from your bank, to the nearest U.S. consulate or embassy to apply for an F-1 or J-1 student Visa.
Proof of English Proficiency
All international students are required to submit test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. The required score levels are the following:
Please access the TOEFL website at www.ets.org/toefl to find out how you can register for the exam as well as find out where the exam is offered in your country. Online registration is available; the institutional code to use it is 1376. By accessing this website, you can also take a practice test by clicking on the "Learners and Test Takers" link.
Proof of Adequate Financial Resources
You'll need to provide a letter from your private or government sponsor that indicates the amount of funding available to you as well as the length of time your funding is available. Also, we ask that you submit a letter from a bank, confirming your sponsor's ability to pay. Each letter should be on official stationery and should be notarized.