- Joined the Kendall Admissions team in Summer 2011
- Freelance Photographer and Designer since 2009
- Interior Designer at Markant Office Furniture 2010-2011
- Lighting Consultant at Grand Rapids Lighting 2008-2009
- B.F.A. Kendall College of Art and Design, 2009
- Major - Interior Design
- Minor - Photography
Canon 5D Mark II
I have many; they all inspire me in different areas of art and design. Just a few are:
Massimo Vignelli (designer), Frank Gehry (architect), Dorothea Lange (photographer), Andrew Matveev (graphic designer)
Top 3 favorite works of art
- "Fallingwater House" by Frank Lloyd Wright
- "Sharbat Gula, Afghan Girl" by Steve McCurry
- Anything designed/made by Apple.
Do it because you cannot not do it.
"The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness." -Massimo Vignelli
Favorite Kendall fact
Kendall has a digital fabrication lab that's open to all students, they do everything from laser engraving to 3D printing.
Who do you think every Kendall student should meet?
One person from every program (major).
Best kept secret about Grand Rapids
Favorite medium and why
Photography - It's always been my favorite form of expression and I can apply it to pretty much everything in life. Every time I'm behind a camera I see things I wouldn't otherwise.
Which art book would you recommend to students?
- "Art & Fear" by David Bayles & Ted Orland
- "It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be." by Paul Arden
What Is The One Thing You Do Not Feel Should Be Represented In a Portfolio Review
Anything that is “copied” from another artist.