Unlike most internship programs, KCAD students can take advantage of internship opportunities that arise anytime during the year. About 50% of KCAD interns will choose to receive credit for the internship experience. The other 50% will intern to gain the experience, but without receiving credit.
Benefits of Supporting an Internship:
- Assistance with special projects or short-term assignments.
- Benefit from the cutting edge technologies and relevant skills currently being taught in the classroom.
- Flexible internship program can be customized to your needs.
- Less training for future employees.
- A source of new perspective into your organization and fresh ideas and concepts.
- Visibility of your organization on campus to give you the competitive edge in hiring the best graduates.
- Gain community respect and goodwill as others learn of your support of KCAD and your commitment to train the area's future art and design leaders.
- Provide an internship description to KCAD's Career Services Office for posting.
- Once you have hired an intern, discuss hours, compensation, dress and expectation.
- Assign a supervisor who will mentor the directed learning experience and the student to the organization and its culture.
- If the internship is a new site, KCAD's Internship Coordinator will contact you to schedule a visit or a short phone conversation, at your convenience, sometime during the internship.
- Keep the Career Services Office informed of any questions or concerns that develop during the internship.
- Complete the student evaluation and fax it to the career services office at 616-451-9867.
Learn more about hiring an intern from KCAD.