The safety and security of students, faculty, staff and visitors is of the greatest importance at Kendall. Our campus security measures include:
- 16 digital-recording security cameras located in high traffic areas
- Uniformed security guard stationed in the Atrium
- Regular patrols of all interior floors
- Regular patrols of building exterior
- Card-only access to third floor studio
- 24-hour response to building alarms
- After-hours building lock-up and alarm
The college utilizes the services of Advanced Security, a part of US Security Associates, a nationwide firm that was founded in 1954. All uniformed security guards carry radios, have CPR and AED training, and have been trained in the emergency response protocol.
If a student encounters an emergency of any type or degree, call 911 and/or the Front Desk at 451-2787 (0 from internal phones) to alert the Emergency Management Team, which is trained to respond to internal crises.
Meet the security staff.
AlertsKendall faculty, staff and students are invited to sign up to receive official emergency text alerts so they are the first to know about time-sensitive campus safety issues and closings due to weather or other disruptions. To sign up, visit MyFSU and click on the link in the "Emergency Text Alerts" channel. Enrollees should take note of the following:
- Enrollment is voluntary.
- Restricted use for immediate notification to students, faculty and staff.
- Short Message Service (SMS) Text messaging must be enabled on your cell phone account to receive text messages.
- You are responsible for any text message charges that may be incurred from enrolling in this service. The average cost is 15 cents per message depending on your plan and provider.
- You will receive a monthly test message.
- Contact information you provide is kept confidential and won't be used for any other purpose.