Notice to User
Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University (KCAD) provides this content for the convenience of its students, faculty, and staff. KCAD makes no representations about the truth or accuracy of the information on outside pages, nor does it make any representations as to the habitability or quality of the housing properties listed. Each individual user should check out the housing unit and potential roommate for themselves prior to entering into a rental agreement. Please use your discretion in using this resource.
Looking for a Roommate?
If you would like to connect with other students in search of housing, request to join the private Facebook group for that purpose. Connect with people like you in a secure environment. If you don't have a Facebook page already, you'll need to create one. Otherwise, just follow this link! For every request to join the private Facebook group, we confirm the person requesting is a KCAD applicant, current student, alumni or employee. Requests made using names other than your legal name may be denied.
- Tips for Renting your First Apartment
- Tenants and Landlords - A Practical Guide (created by MSU College of Law)
Housing Information Resources
- City of Grand Rapids - Rental FAQ
- Fair Housing Center of West Michigan
- Better Business Bureau of Western Michigan
- Grand Rapids Area Crime
Subsidized Housing Options
Some properties have specific requirements regarding income and student status to qualify. For more information and resources, refer to the websites listed below.
- Grand Rapids Housing Commission - Affordable Housing for West Michigan website FAQ
- Kent County Housing Commission - Low Income Housing website
- Subsidized Housing - Hope Network website
Finding Bus Routes
Visit Grand Rapids' bus system website and use the Trip Planner and Nearest Stop fatures on the homepage to plan travel from your apartment to KCAD. Use the system map to find bus stops nearest to KCAD. This include routes 13, 6, 9, 51,and 60 and routes 14, 1, 3, and 4 have stops just a few blocks from KCAD.