We recommend parking in the Grand Rapids city ramp just west of the Kendall campus (there are entrances on both Ionia and Pearl Streets.) This ramp is right next door to our campus.
Student Parking Options
- Kendall leases a small number of parking spots from Grand Rapids Community College (one block east of the Kendall campus). These cards are available for $67.50 per semester plus a $20 security deposit. There is also a $2.50 per exit fee to park each time. You may deposit up to a full semester’s worth of parking funds on the card and deduct as you park. The deposit will be refunded once the card is returned to the Kendall Student Services Office, as long as you do not owe money to the College. Please have payment of $87.50 ready when you pick up the card. These cards do not guarantee you a space. If the ramp is full, you will have to wait in line or find alternative parking. You cannot park overnight in this ramp.
- A small number of the City of Grand Rapids DASH lot 7 cards are available for $120 per semester plus a $20 security deposit. The deposit will be refunded once the card is returned to the Kendall Student Services Office, as long as you do not owe money to the College. Please have a payment of $140 ready when you pick up your card. The DASH shuttle bus drops off within 1 block of Kendall.
- We also have parking cards available for the Gerald R. Ford Museum North Lot. These cards are available for $100 per semester plus a $20 security deposit. The deposit will be refunded once the card is returned to the Kendall Student Services Office, as long as you do not owe money to the College. Please have a payment of $120 ready when you pick up your card. Also you will need to bring the make, model, year, color and license plate number of the vehicle you will be driving. If you will also be using an alternate vehicle from time to time, please bring the specifics for that one also.
- Ride the Rapid. The Rapid is a public transportation system for the greater Grand Rapids area. View all available routes and the times the buses runs. Currently, the one-way fare is $1.50. You can purchase a 31-day pass card with unlimited rides for $40. With your student ID card, you can purchase a student 10-Ride card for $9.00.
- For those of you who are not within walking distance of a Rapid fixed route, you can access PASS – Passenger Adaptive Suburban Service. PASS was designed to help you connect with The Rapid buses. If you live more than 1/3 of a mile off a bus line, PASS may be able to pick you up at your curb and deliver you to the nearest bus stop for only $3.00, (exact change required). This fare includes a transfer to the fixed route bus. Please call 616-456-7701 by 4:30 pm on the previous day you wish to schedule a ride. You may also schedule “Subscription Service” which means if you travel to and from the same places at the same time on a regular basis, you can schedule trips farther in advance.
Other parking options
- City of Grand Rapids parking facilities: The City of Grand Rapids Parking Department offers many options for parking. Whether you are looking for other monthly parking card options or if you are looking for a lot to use on a day-to-day basis, their website City of Grand Rapids parking can help you research other available options in the area. You may also contact their office at 616-456-3290.
- St. Marks Episcopal Church, 134 N Division Ave – $6.50 per day plus a $20 card deposit. Contact Pam Stevenson at 616.456.1684.
- First Park Congregational Church, 10 E. Park Place NE. $5.00 “bill” operated lot. First come, first serve basis or monthly parking cards are available at the cost of $70/month. Contact Tracy at 616-458-3994 ext 21 if you are interested in the monthly parking card at First Park Congregational Church.