We recommend parking in the Grand Rapids city ramp just west of the Kendall campus (there are entrances on both Ionia and Pearl Streets.) This ramp is right next door to our campus.
Student Parking Options
- KCAD leases parking spaces from the City of Grand Rapids. A small number DASH lot 7 and DASH lot 9 cards are available for $120 per semester plus a $20 security deposit. The deposit will be refunded once the card is returned to the KCAD Student Services Office, as long as you do not owe money to the College. Please have a payment of $140 ready when you pick up your card. The DASH shuttle bus drops off within 1 block of KCAD.
- We also have parking cards available for the Gerald R. Ford Museum North Lot. These cards are available for $100 per semester plus a $20 security deposit. The deposit will be refunded once the card is returned to the KCAD Student Services Office, as long as you do not owe money to the College. Please have a payment of $120 ready when you pick up your card. Also you will need to bring the make, model, year, color and license plate number of the vehicle you will be driving. If you will also be using an alternate vehicle from time to time, please bring the specifics for that one also.
- Ride the Rapid. Again this year, you will be able to get fee bus passes from KCAD's Activities and Resource Center. The Rapid is a public transportation system for the greater Grand Rapids area. View all available routes and the times the buses runs.
- Silver Line – www.ridetherapid.org/silver-line/ Have you heard about THE SILVER LINE? It is a bus rapid transit (BRT) system, offering rail-like convenience and comfort on a more cost-effective vehicle. It connects Grand Rapids, Kentwood, and Wyoming, mainly serving the Division Avenue corridor. Check out this cool and exciting option.
- For those of you who are not within walking distance of a Rapid fixed route, you can access PASS – Passenger Adaptive Suburban Service. PASS was designed to help you connect with The Rapid buses. If you live more than 1/3 of a mile off a bus line, PASS may be able to pick you up at your curb and deliver you to the nearest bus stop for only $3.00, (exact change required). This fare includes a transfer to the fixed route bus. Please call 616-456-7701 by 4:30 pm on the previous day you wish to schedule a ride. You may also schedule “Subscription Service” which means if you travel to and from the same places at the same time on a regular basis, you can schedule trips farther in advance.
Other parking options
- City of Grand Rapids parking facilities: The City of Grand Rapids Parking Department offers many options for parking. Whether you are looking for other monthly parking card options or if you are looking for a lot to use on a day-to-day basis, their website City of Grand Rapids parking can help you research other available options in the area. You may also contact their office at 616-456-3290.
- St. Marks Episcopal Church, 134 N Division Ave – $7.00 per day plus a $20 card deposit. Contact Pam Stevenson at 616.456.1684.
- First Park Congregational Church, 10 E. Park Place NE. $5.00 “bill” operated lot. First come, first serve basis.