Professor Margaret Vega teaches painting and drawing at Kendall College of Art and Design, in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She has also taught at Academia di Belle Arti in Perugia and Grand Valley State University. Major exhibitions include:
- Angelus Novus International Exhibition, Perugia, Italy
- Bridging Continents 14 American Artists in Germany, exhibits in: Munich, Frankfurter, Stuttgart, and Cologne
- Voices of the Children: one woman exhibition, Urban Institute of Contemporary Art
- Landscape, Volid Gallery, Chicago
- Group shows at Lydon Gallery, Chicago; Allen Gallery, San Francisco; and LaFontsee Gallery, Grand Rapids
Her work is in private and corporate collections in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
Awards include: Michigan Council for the Arts Grant; Y.W.C.A Tribute Award for outstanding contribution in visual arts; and Legacy 2003: Womanâ??s History Month Award. Her exhibitions have been shown in the national publications: Art News and Art in America. She is listed in the Art Index of American Painters.